Thursday, May 26, 2016

Interesting, if long, day

I spent most of my day today at Dallas Harley Davidson getting some minor repairs done so I'm ready to return to my route after my visit with Lisa and Jimmy.
Met Alex (a.k.a. No legs, reference to Lord of the Rings, if I recall), Lance and Ant, who were all lovin' the idea of my trip. 
Ant is an Army vet ('69-'79) who rode the "four corners" (L.A. To Spokane to Bangor to Miami, and back again to L.A.) when he got out of the Army. He said Easy Rider was still fresh on everyone's mind and they were a little nervous riding through the south.
Also saw a couple of interesting bikes, like this one:
Harley's brief entry into motocross, with a two stroke engine!
Read about it here. Anyone want to guess if Aermacchi was a rebranding of Girelli?

Then there was this unique looking bike:
The large gas tank is actually an air scoop (gas tank is under the seat).
I believe this model had the new larger (1800 c.c.) Screamin' Eagle engine, but it is water cooled. The long lines make it appeal to the cafe racers but the riding position is actually quite comfortable. Note also the higher position of the foot pegs. When combined with the riding position it really felt great. A shout out to Ant, who had me sit on it to realize how comfortable it is.
Once the work was done they put my bike through the pressure wash to clean it. But they pressure washed Spuddy Buddy too. I think he secretly wanted to take a shower but was afraid I'd pay him back with a picture of him. Spuddy's smelling much better now and he's got his smile back.
So now I'm ready to go, but first a weekend of sight-seeing in the Dallas area.


2 comments:

  1. Spuddy Buddy needed a lesson after sneaking that shot of you in the shower.

    ReplyDelete