Wednesday, October 5, 2016

More video from the south and East Coast

Maybe a panorama inside Cowboy Stadium will make it easier to envision the size and scope of "Jerry World". If only the field wasn't such a goofy color!

This is a twice daily parade in Fort Worth, Texas. It began as the way the Long Horns were brought to market but they now use a lineup of Rock Stars that spend their days in the Green Room, waiting for show time.

This is our recreation of the view along the route of the presidential motorcade on November 22, 1963 (we let most of the extras go home)

and the view from the Grassy Knoll

back to the coast again, I stopped at the Johnson Space Center Visitors Museum

then moved on to the Galveston to Bolivar Peninsula Ferry crossing


So, finally, some action video! I must confess I was more than a little concerned about flipping the boat due to the childhood trauma that occurred at Lake of the Woods Minnesota/Canada...

and this, of course, is why we were out there in the first place

This is a bit better action shot. Near the beginning of the clip you can see the front corner of the boat dip and scoop up water as it stops. Makes me nervous just watching it. I'd prefer something a little safer like a zip line, or at least some whiter water (this was very brackish water).

I guess I did not think to take video of the Scrub Jays we visited in Florida, but a little further north I was thinking in terms of action again


The tour of the Super Speedway at Daytona was incredible for this old race fan.

In this clip please note a couple of things. We were riding on the apron of the track meaning we were flat on the ground and OFF of the racing surface. So the small strip of track you see between our position and the outer guardrail is all the room there is for the often-three-wide racing that takes place on this track surface! The 33 degree banking, which even in this clip doesn't really show how steep it is, can be appreciated by this fact - the pace car that comes out on the track to slow the cars down during caution periods, has to go 70 mph to keep up on the banking.

I didn't get any video while my brother and I were racing Go-Karts in D.C. because I couldn't figure out how to aim the camera behind me...
but did shoot video again while sailing in New York Harbor on a Tall Ship

As I mentioned in the blog, I was allowed to help the crew hoist the jib. Obviously while doing that I could not get video footage, but I did get a picture of the rear main sail being raised, as well as a picture once we were sailing under "full sheets".

My only other video in New York was shot during take-off in my first-ever helicopter ride.




No comments:

Post a Comment