Wednesday, October 5, 2016

let's see what else we have

A couple of clips from Tombstone, one from behind Clem...

and one from inside the OK Corral (you thought there's too much violence in the streets TODAY?)

and for the younger generation - There's an app for that!

I was hoping I had some amazing panorama of the beauty that was everywhere in the amazing southwestern desert (that's my sarcastic font) but it looks like I have this shot of the Mexican Border alongside International St. in Douglas, Arizona...

and, if that's not enough action for you...

One of the things that always surprised me when hiking in the desert was how it was so flat and dry and... well, more flat and more dry, then, seemingly out of nowhere a cavernous, uh, cavern, appears. You know at one time there was a lot of water here. Was it spring run-off from distant mountains or left over scars from the age of water which came just before they invented Global Warming? Take a look at this picture of Eagles Nest in Southwest Texas:


I believe I blogged about this at the time. This was taken on the University of Texas, Brownsville campus. They have classes (I do not know if it is a program offering a degree) to train border guards, complete with a working classroom border crossing. On the other side of this fence is a walkway from Mexico. I asked if it was open during class hours for actual immigration but no one spoke English.

This is rush hour in Corpus Christi, Texas...

and the coast as it appears in Galvaston

No comments:

Post a Comment