Saturday, August 13, 2016

This should be interesting

I have been riding all day - well over 300 miles. I have been trying to find a motel/hotel/campsite since 4:30. It is now 9 p.m. There is no place to stay within a 70 mile radius, at least. My phone is dead. I'm sitting in a Denny's (they're open 24/7 Brian) for what may end up being the longest cup of coffee in history! I can't keep driving because it is dark and foggy, the road is twisting along the Pacific Coast and it isn't safe. After 100 + days on the road it has come down to this. What do I do? Rent a car so I can sleep in it?
This should be interesting!
Now I'm repeating myself. Have to do something to fill the time.

3 comments:

  1. Do you have wifi and power on your ipad? If so, facetime call me. I will try to help find you something, but I need to know where you are at first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I think I have tracked down the Denny's where you posted from, but they said you left already. If that was the place, I hope they pointed out that there are 2 motels within spitting distance of the Denny's. Please contact me so I know you found a place to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so now your aunt and uncle can worry about you 'cause we have a pretty good feel from our travels about being in unknown country, lost in the dark with no place to stay. On the other hand we had a cab or car around us. Fingers crossed, Frog.

    ReplyDelete