Friday, April 29, 2016

The question was asked...

My older brother had suggested a pictorial explanation of the large black monolithic backrest on my bike and, perhaps, a selfie so everyone would know what I look like. So here goes:
The black appendage is actually a back pack or, as I have dubbed it, my suitcase (there are certainly things in there that no self respecting backpacker would admit to carrying). It was a Christmas gift from my lovely and thoughtful Michelle (and possibly her siblings but I must confess I don't recall - oops!). It has a large central compartment, assessable from three sides, with two expandable pockets on each side.

It fits down over a "sissy bar" that mounts behind the rear seat, facing forward, then I fasten it with a combination of five straps (when I remember to fasten them all).

When it is secured I cover it with the rain cover I nearly lost during my shake down cruise, then tighten it with a six foot adjustable strap around its girth.

As for the selfie - here you go. Unlike every other group picture I have ever been in, I am NOT the tall one in the back!

No comments:

Post a Comment