Saturday, July 30, 2016

Day 77B Back to Arbor Vitae

Crank up Willie Nelson on the Victrola 'cause we're "on the road again".
After two weeks of family stuff in my hometown I had to, as they say in the Navy, get under way. I reversed my course and went from Beloit to Arbor Vitae. 
If counted from day of departure this (Satur)day would be Day 96. However, due to personal time-off in both Arbor Vitae and Beloit, Wisconson I will refer to travel days between the two sites as Days 77A & 77B. Don't ask why 'cause I don't know.
So on Day 77B I departed Beloit and headed north on I-39/I-90. Lunch in Madison was interesting as my visit to the restaurant coincided with a visit by what I can only guess were members of the adult film industry. Don't ask how I know, I just looked at 'em and figured that was the only possible explanation. 'Nuff said.
As I approached Tomahawk, Wi. I was mindful of an approaching storm. With some quick calculations of my speed, direction, closing rate, wind direction and prime interest rate I figured that if I stayed the course instead of taking a break to relieve soreness in the buttockal area, I would stay dry.
True to my calculation, I slid harmlessly in front of the leading edge of a storm cloud that probably soaked those in my rear view mirror.
I arrived at Jim and Judy's for a meal, movie and overnight stay.
No pictures taken, no pictures needed, mostly Interstate highway with few stops. Maybe I should have taken a picture of the film stars!

2 comments:

  1. See, and you thought all that high school math would never pay off

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I just come to this blog for the skin shots! so disappointed... =]

    ReplyDelete